This Christmas, Carter and I received a gift we didn’t even know we wanted… an Instant Pot! I’ve seen recipes and heard from friends for years how amazing these are, but I never thought I had a use for one. Man was I wrong… It cuts down on cook time, the house smells so fragrant, and most importantly it cuts down on dishes!!!! To say we’re obsessed is an understatement.
So let me share one of our go-tos: Veggie S’ghetti.
Y’all know by now that I try and cram as many vegetables into my picky-eating children as possible. Everyone in my house loves this recipe, and even my youngest vegetable refuser consistently asks for seconds!
*Note: I usually use chickpea noodles, but with the Instant Pot, the Barilla veggie noodles seem to cook better.
1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1 green pepper, diced
5 stalks celery, diced
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 12 oz. box Barilla rotini veggie noodles
1 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
3 cups water
1. Put InstantPot on saute mode for 5 minutes. Let veggies saute and soften.
2. Add 10 minutes to the saute mode; push the veggies to one side, and add the ground beef.
3. Brown, and after 10 minutes drain the fat. Cancel saute mode.
4. Add spices and stir into beef/vegetable mixture.
5. Add noodles, then sauce, then cups of water. Make sure noodles are completely covered by sauce/water mixture.
6. Place lid on Instant Pot and put on high pressure for 8 minutes.
7. After the 8 minutes, do a 5-minute natural release, and then finish with a quick release.
8. Stir to mix together and then serve!
*My crew loves this topped with cheese, surprise surprise. But you can also top with fresh basil!
If you also love your Instant Pot, please share your favorite recipes in the comments!